I have now re-uploaded every image that you can find in
my FurAffinity gallery!
Grouped, that's 103 images or collections; ungrouped, that's 130 images total.
That's a good start, and brings this site a lot closer to what it once was.
I also rearranged the categories a bit so they make more sense, which will
help a lot for uploading all the other stuff, especially the incomplete stuff
that's never been posted anywhere.
Next up, I'm going to begin re-posting everything I have ever posted on
deviantART. That's going to take a lot longer; there's probably something like
500 images there, which means I have a long way to go to get this site back to
Still, it's a heck of a milestone, and it means you can now view many of
my works without needing a FurAffinity account :)
-- Inker, March 15, 2018
I have a lot of images in various intermediate states, and I've often wondered
just exactly what to do with those. Pixiv has
a neat feature where you can upload related images as a collection, so tonight, I
coded up a similar idea.
If you look in my gallery now, you'll see a small number floating next to some
of the images, which shows that those images are not individual images but are
actually collections; if you click on them, you'll see not just the "top" image
but other related images. (Here's an example.) I've
gone through the images I've posted so far and attached them to their proper
collections, and at some point in the future, I'll try to upload all the various
works-in-progress versions of each image too.
But for now, more organization! This site is finally starting to come together :-)
-- Inker, March 14, 2018
I spent most of my effort this evening building a proper offsite backup system
for this website. It's now trivial to take a snapshot of everything, databases
and images included, which means we never again will have a crash like the last one.
-- Inker, March 12, 2018
I fixed the broken .htaccess rules that prevented you from viewing any of
the art. Sorry about that! .htaccess is powerful voodoo, but almost impossible
to fully debug.
-- Inker, March 12, 2018
Paging and SQL
It's been a little while since I worked on the code here; I've been mostly
drawing and posting, and that's been going okay, but I finally got the point
where I needed to build a proper pager for the gallery so you're not always
stuck on page one. I also had to fix the SQL so it actually went to the right
So after a bunch of refactoring and restructuring, the gallery now
uses proper paging and sorting, which means that it works the way it looks
like it should work.
You still can't change the page size in the UI (you can by putting &length=25
in the URL), but at least the underlying mechanics now work correctly.
-- Inker, March 11, 2018
Okay, so the admin and the gallery work. Sort of. Close enough to
start uploading content, give or take a few bugs. Please excuse me while
the dust settles.
As my initial test round, I've uploaded 26 more images, for a total
of 30 here now, and that's helped iron out some issues, and forced me to
fix a lot of bugs today. We're nowhere near the like thousand or so that
I've drawn over the years (including stuff that never got posted anywhere),
but it's a good start.
More to come, but enjoy there finally being more content here!
-- Inker, February 10, 2018
Almost almost almost
The admin system is very nearly there. Almost. So very close. That's
why the featured images each have a lot more tags: I can use the
admin to maintain tags properly now, along with descriptions and titles
and even most of the image-upload system.
It's so very close, but it's not quite there. Another three or four
hours of coding, and I should have the backend usable, and then we get to
the fun part: Putting all of the content back online, along with some
things that never got uploaded before.
So we're almost to the good part, but not quite. Close, though.
-- Inker, February 9, 2018
More admin progress
I built the authentication code for the admin site, which is a good first step.
There's nothing behind it yet, but now logins and logouts actually work.
The last PHP has been removed from the site, which means I can now investigate
faster ways of serving the Python than using CGI. CGI certainly works, but
it takes way longer than necessary.
Next up: Some minor refactors to the auth system, and then put enough of the
uploader/editor UI in place that I can start reuploading all the content that
-- Inker, February 4, 2018
All encrypted Python all the time!
So everything here except the admin site (which barely works anyway) has
now been rewritten in Python. Goodbye, PHP, it was a good run while it lasted.
On top of that, I now have a Let's Encrypt SSL certificate,
which means connections to my site are private and secure: Nobody else can see what
you're looking at when you visit my site, and I don't keep any logs ;-)
Next up, it's time to put a proper admin system here so that I can finally
begin posting content other than the same four images that have sat here for
a year or two :-)
- Inker, January 28, 2018